Stingray Signs Distribution Agreement with TCL FALCON to Launch FAST Channels and AVOD on its Smart TVs
- The offering includes Qello Concerts by Stingray, Stingray Karaoke, Stingray Classica, Stingray DJAZZ, Stingray CMusic, Stingray Naturescape and Stingray Music channels
Montreal, April 20, 2022 – Stingray (TSX: RAY. A; RAY. B), a leading music, media, and technology company, today announced that it has reached an agreement for the distribution of a suite of free ad-supported channels (FAST channels) to TCL smart TVs in Australia, Brazil, India, Mexico and the United States. The new services within the TCL app include Qello Concerts by Stingray, Stingray Karaoke, Stingray Classica, Stingray DJAZZ, Stingray CMusic, Stingray Naturescape and Stingray Music channels for users to access at no extra cost. Each channel is carefully curated by in-house music experts to offer lean-back entertainment for every demographic any time of day. As part of the deal, TCL FALCON will also make available AVOD packages including the best of karaoke and concerts along with beautiful imagery from the four corners of the globe.
“Stingray’s value proposition is to bring the top music entertainment to viewers and provide instant access to their favorite artists,” said Manfred Orth, Director of Business Development, Emerging Markets of Stingray. “We are delighted to partner with TCL and look forward to making music a more integral part of their users’ daily lives.”
“We are very excited to team up with Stingray,” said Rebecca Wan, Senior Business Manager, Overseas Business Department at TCL Electronics. “We are convinced that the quality content from Stingray would bring our global audience excellent entertainment experience!”
- Qello Concerts by Stingray features concert-films and award-winning music documentaries from the biggest and most influential artists, bands, and musicians. AVOD will only be available in the United States.
- Stingray Karaoke includes all the top songs to sing along to from golden oldies to today’s hits. 500 titles will be available on AVOD.
- Stingray Classica features breathtaking excerpts of orchestral performances, operas, and ballets, including the grandest, most popular classical musical productions filmed from famed opera houses and theatres worldwide.
- Stingray DJAZZ features the world of jazz without limits with a unique selection of rare documentaries, intimate portraits, behind-the-scenes footage, and exclusive interviews.
- Stingray CMusic is the only channel dedicated to modernizing classical music on television by presenting great works in a music video format. The channel is carried by Watch TV.
- Stingray Naturescape offers an escape to a world of stunning nature scenes, all set to peaceful soundtracks. 100 titles will be available on AVOD.
- Stingray Music offers audio channels curated by expert programmers in all the most popular genres.
Montreal-based Stingray (TSX: RAY.A; RAY.B) is a leading global music, media, and technology company with over 1,000 employees worldwide. Stingray is a premium provider of curated direct-to-consumer and B2B services, including audio television channels, over 100 radio stations, SVOD content, 4K UHD television channels, FAST channels, karaoke products, digital signage, in-store music, and music apps, which have been downloaded over 160 million times. Stingray reaches 400 million subscribers (or users) in 160 countries. For more information: www.stingray.com
About TCL FALCON
TCL FFalcon is the world’s leading Internet and AI×IoT service platform responsible for the system development and operation of TCL smart screens and other devices, while expanding into TV, OTT boxes and non-TCL brand hardware devices such as smart projectors. TCL FFalcon has provided film, education and entertainment services to users in 160 countries on six continents. For more information: visit www.tcl.com and www.iffalcon.com
For more information, please contact:
Senior Vice-President, Marketing and Communications
1 514 664-1244, ext 2362